What you need to know
Starting from July 24, 2023, eBay will launch the Shipping performance policy — Item Not Received rate.
Sellers with a higher than market average “Item not received” rate may be subject to a range of actions, such as eBay ending or removing your listings, enforcing buying or selling restrictions, adjusting your selling limits and/or suspending all relevant accounts.
As a seller, shipping your items in a timely and reliable manner is crucial to provide buyers with a great shipping experience. Most of the time when something goes wrong, it is due to delays, inaccuracies, or lack of visibility related to the delivery of an item. You’re expected to follow these best practices:
● Ship items within your specified handling time
● Use reliable shipping providers that offer shipment tracking
● Manage inventory and keep items well stocked
● Charge reasonable shipping and handling costs
● Specify shipping costs and handling time in the listing
● Be helpful, friendly, and professional throughout a transaction
The "Item Not Received" or “INR” rate, namely, the percentage of transactions where a buyer reported that the item didn't arrive or was not available for collection.
How are you being evaluated
Evaluation Frequency: Monday on a fortnightly basis.
INR Evaluation Window 1: All paid transactions during a 31 day lookback period commencing 45 days before the evaluation date.
By way of illustration, where the evaluation date is Monday 27 March, we will review all paid transactions during the period commencing Wednesday 8 February and ending Friday 10 March.
INR Evaluation Window 2: All transactions with an estimated delivery date that falls within the 31 day period commencing on the immediate past Saturday before the evaluation date.
By way of illustration, where the evaluation date is Monday 27 March, we will review all transactions with an estimated delivery date falling within the period commencing Thursday 23 February and ending Saturday 25 March.
Evaluation by Delivery Country
eBay will evaluate your INR% for deliveries to each country listed below, as well as your total performance across all countries.
|Delivery Country||INR%Window1||Market Average INR%Window1||INR%Window2||Market Average INR%Window2|
|The United States||-||-||-||-|
|The United Kingdom||-||-||-||-|
|Other Countries (*)||-||-||-||-|
- Action taken: INR% of window1 or INR% of window2 is higher than corresponding market average INR% and eBay decides to take action.
- Non-compliant: INR% of window1 or INR% of window2 is higher than corresponding market average INR% but eBay will hold action this cycle.
- Compliant: Both INR% of window1 and INR% of window2 are lower than corresponding market average INR%.
Please note that eBay will start implementing the above evaluation from July 24, 2023. Transactions before July 2, 2023 will not be subject to the evaluation.