2023 Fall seller update
- Progress for resolving issues with unpaid items and consequences for repeat offenders
- Updated requirements for registered business sellers who sell to European buyers
- Update your business seller account to comply with the Digital Services Act
- Social Page now available for all sellers
- New Sales tab on your Storefront to highlight coupons
- Send offers in bulk on the eBay app
- List faster and easier with new AI-powered features
- Changes to listing categories
- New dynamic bidding strategy for Promoted Listings Advanced
- Introducing Smart Promoted Listings Advanced campaigns
- New updates that make it easy to ship internationally
- User Agreement Update
- International updates
Seasonal guide for eBay sellers
Get ready for peak seasons on eBay with our ultimate guide, your key to excelling in sales. Read seasonal sales tips and tricks from eBay professionals, download and print our handy checklists and succeed in high-demand times.
The German EEE Act (ElektroG)
When you sell items to buyers in Germany, you must follow the requirements of the Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR). eBay business sellers are obliged to be compliant with the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE Directive), which was implemented in Germany via the Electrical and Electronic Equipment Act (ElektroG).
Updates on seller protection for shipments to/from Israel
Due to the local situation in Israel that is affecting regional and international sellers, eBay is putting in place seller protections to reduce the impact these events will have on their accounts.
VAT on eBay fees for Egypt, Bosnia and Herzegovina located sellers
To comply with local tax regulations, eBay collects and remits VAT on its fees for sellers residing in Egypt and Bosnia and Herzegovina starting October 1, 2023. Read this article to learn who is affected and what steps to take.
Tip of the day
Are your items popular with buyers in certain countries, such as the United Kingdom or Germany? Place your listings on local eBay sites to rank them up in the search results in your target country. You can sell items on ebay.com.au (Australia), ebay.de (Germany), ebay.co.uk (UK), ebay.fr (France), ebay.it (Italy) and ebay.es (Spain). Read more about active international selling here.
What sellers are saying about eBay
"Our revenues have changed for the better over the last five years thanks to eBay"
Andrea Varga, Postcardsfantasy
“This platform made me believe in myself again and helped us build our new life despite all the difficulties.”
"eBay environment provides equal opportunities for all sellers around the world, which is vitally important for business in the developing markets"
Adal Nawaz, Celtic Stuff
eBaymag — free eBay tool for sellers which helps you increase sales up to 40%* if:
You have sales revenue $1,000 or more per month
from 10 to 10 000 items in catalog
You list Good 'Til Cancelled listings not the Auction-style ones
You are ready to ship your items worldwide