This content provides information for sellers whose accounts have not yet been activated for Managed Payments.
If your account is already activated for Managed Payments, please use this eBay Customer Service page. The information here will be updated soon.
You can see the status of your payments from buyers in your PayPal account. If a payment appears unavailable, it may be because eBay has placed a temporary hold on it due to one of the following reasons:
- You are a new seller or one with limited buying and/or selling histories.
- Your current performance has fallen below the minimum standard for all eBay sellers.
- There may be a high level of risk associated with your account or transactions.
Payment holds for new sellers
You are considered to be a new seller until you have established a selling history, which should meet the following criteria:
- It's been more than 90 days since your first successful sale.
- You've had more than 25 or more sales on one eBay site (like ebay.com, ebay.co.uk, etc.).
- You have more than $250 in total sales.
When will your funds become available?
- 1 day after confirmed delivery (in case valid tracking was uploaded and a delivery scan was made).
- 6 days after the latest estimated delivery date if you don’t upload tracking information, but you mark the item as shipped in My eBay.*
- 21 days after the buyer pays if you don't provide tracking information, mark the item as shipped, or the estimated delivery date can't be calculated. In such cases, eBay may use buyer feedback as a delivery confirmation along with other factors.*
Payment holds for established sellers
If you're an established seller, you should usually get access to your payments immediately, but there are some reasons why your funds still could be placed on hold:
- Your Seller Level is Below Standard for 90 days.
- You've started selling in a new category.
- Your account has been suspended and was reinstated recently.
- Your account shows unusual activity, such as a sudden increase in eBay Money Back Guarantee cases.
- Your buyer opened a request for an item they didn't receive or an item that didn't match the listing description.
Payment holds in case buyer reports an issue
eBay will place a payment on hold if there is any risk in the transaction, or if your buyer reports an issue. In this way, your funds will be available when the issue is resolved.
What can you do to get your money faster?
- Achieve and maintain eBay Top Rated Seller, Above Standard, or Standard status.
- Offer expedited shipping options.
- Specify same-day handling time, and always ship the same day you receive the order. Remember estimated delivery time is a combination of your handling time plus the carrier's published estimated delivery time.
- Always upload tracking information to eBay.
- Respond quickly to buyer issues.
- Follow all recommended best practices for providing great service and preventing Buyer Protection claims from being opened.