Types of seller account
There are two account types on eBay.
Personal account is best suited for individuals who are not selling through a registered business.
Business account is best suited for registered business entities or sole proprietors who intend to sell on eBay as a company.
Business accounts offer several benefits:
- A variety of options to manage your listings, returns and shipping
- An access to advanced eBay tools and features, such as certain types of the eBay Store subscriptions
- The ability to register on eBay with a company name, which will appear on all correspondences and invoices
- An access to the eBay business development programs and dedicated customer support
How to change your seller account type
If you've already registered with a personal account but would like to upgrade to a business account, follow the guide below. Please note that when you upgrade your personal account, eBay will require you to provide essential information including your business name, type, address, and the identities of beneficial owners, officers, directors, or account managers.
Please choose a setup instruction option based on how you receive your payouts — through Payoneer or directly to your bank account.
- Go to Account settings in My eBay.
- Select Personal information.
- Select Edit next to Account type. You may be asked to sign in again.
- Select Confirm to upgrade to a Business account.
- Specify whether you operate your business as a legal entity or as a sole proprietor and select Continue.
- On the following page, enter your business information such as name, contact information, and returns policy. Then select Save.