When you might need several eBay accounts
eBay understands that sellers might want different accounts. This can be useful if you need to:
- Have different accounts for buying and selling on eBay
- Manage separate accounts for different product lines, such as auto parts and skin care products
- Sell items on different international eBay sites
You can register multiple accounts on eBay, and many members do so. However, in order to maintain a safe and trusted environment for all our users, all accounts that a member uses are subject to eBay's buying and selling policies.
Multiple accounts guidelines
Whether users have one account or multiple accounts, eBay expects users will manage each of their accounts effectively, follow the rules, and do all they can to ensure their experiences on eBay go well. Following these guidelines helps ensure that the highest buyer and seller standards are met.
Users are expected to resolve issues as they arise, and follow the steps provided by eBay to bring accounts back into good standing before continuing to buy or sell with other accounts.
Activity on eBay is required to:
- Follow all applicable laws
- Respect the rights of third parties
- Follow the eBay User Agreement
- Follow the eBay Multiple accounts policy
If activity doesn’t meet these requirements, eBay may take action consistent with applicable laws and the eBay User Agreement, and may even be legally required to do so. Such actions may include, as an example only: administratively ending listings or canceling transactions, hiding or lowering the placement of listings in search results, lowering seller rating, restricting buying or selling, forfeiture of fees, loss of buyer or seller protections, restricting access to member communication and rating tools, removing feedback, and account suspension.
Before opening multiple accounts, please consider the following:
- Your accounts can never be merged. The feedback scores for accounts will always remain separate
- You need to use a different email address for each account
- You cannot bid on your own items. Attempting to do so may result in a number of actions, including restrictions of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account
- You can't open a new account, if your account is suspended
- Regular violations of marketplace policies will result in restrictions on or blocking not only of a specific account, but also to similar consequences for all other accounts of the violator
- If any account drops the Below Standard seller level, all your accounts may be affected. For example, it may be difficult to raise the limits until you have done work on the “problem” account
Please note that in some cases where a member has two accounts and one becomes suspended, their second account may also be subject to restriction.
Why eBaymag multi-account is useful
eBaymag is eBay's official tool for easy listing on eBay international sites, a one-stop shop for order management and logistics optimization. It allows you to link separate eBay accounts to different international sites and manage them in a single dashboard.
With eBaymag, you can:
- Quickly copy listings from your main account to several additional ones
- Subscribe to eBay Store separately for each site you want to list on — and list more items within your sales limits, and also get more free listings
To link multiple accounts:
- Login to eBaymag and go to the Sites tab.
- Select the site to which you want to link the new account to, and click the Add an account button in the far right column.
- Click the Add account button in the new pop-up window. You will be redirected to eBay to enter the details of the account you wish to link.
- Once your account has been successfully authorized, you will be returned to eBaymag. If eBaymag does not prompt you to confirm account information (such as your phone number), click Done.
- On the Sites tab, you will see a new account next to the corresponding site. All items will be listed on this site using a new associated account.