What is a Great Price badge?
A Great Price badge helps eBay shoppers quickly and easily discover high quality inventory at highly competitive prices. When a Great Price badge appears with your qualified listing, your item will get buyers’ attention because they know they’ve found a great product at a great price.
Great Price badge benefits
- Allows buyers to easily identify exceptional values in their search results, narrow down their choices, and make the best purchase decisions
- Great Price badges may automatically appear with your eligible listings at no cost and you don’t need to take any action
- Spotlights products that are in high demand, based on sales history, search impressions, and buyer interest
A Great Price badge may appear with eligible listings in buyers’ search results.
How Great Price works
eBay may automatically pin a Great Price badge on eligible listings that are competitively priced and in high demand on eBay, determined by factors such as sales history, search impressions, and engagement. The Great Price badge is not a paid feature and you don’t need to opt in to qualify.
Great Price badge eligibility
Eligibility for a Great Price badge is determined by a combination of factors, such as:
- Seller performance. Sellers must be in good standing with Above Standard or Top Rated status. If you’re new to eBay, you can begin working toward eBay Above Standard and Top Rated status the first time you list an item
- Competitive pricing. Use Terapeak, the exclusive eBay insights tool in the Seller Hub Research tab, to get competitive insights and price your items accordingly. eBay pricing guidance within the selling flow may also be helpful
- Item specifics and product identifiers. Help buyers find your items fast by providing complete item specifics and product identifiers when you list
- New or certified refurbished items that match products in the eBay catalog. Items must be in new or certified refurbished condition and associated with similar products in the eBay catalog and include the corresponding product identifiers
- Other eligibility factors. Additional eligibility criteria may include an item’s combined price and shipping cost, listing format, sales history, relevance to a buyer’s search terms, and the eBay site they’re browsing. Placement of listings in buyers’ search results is subject to Best Match factors. Best Match is designed to show the most relevant listings, taking into account the things users find most important when they’re deciding what to buy
Review your listings regularly to make sure they’re optimized for Best Price, including pricing reviews and adding promotions for your buyers.
Further enhance your listings visibility with Promoted Listings Standard
Promoted Listings Standard, also available to Above Standard and Top Rated Sellers, can further boost your listings visibility among millions of listings on eBay and increase the likelihood your item will be discovered by active buyers who are searching for items like yours. Plus, you only pay for Promoted Listings Standard when your item sells.
What is a Great Price badge?
A Great Price badge is a blue icon that appears on qualified listings in buyers’ search results to help them easily identify competitively priced items listed by trusted sellers. Great Price is not a paid feature and the placement of listings in search results is subject to Best Match factors. Promoted Listings remains a separate program.
Do I have to pay for a Great Price badge?
No. A Great Price may automatically appear on eligible listings at no cost to the seller.
How does the Great Price badge work with Promoted Listings?
If a listing is eligible for both a Promoted Listing badge and a Great Price badge, the listing will show both badges.
Can I opt out of displaying the Great Price badge?
A Great Price badge opt-out option is not currently available. Listings that qualify for a Great Price badge may automatically be highlighted in search results.
On which international eBay sites is the Great Price badge available?
The Great Price badge is available on eBay US, UK, Germany, and Australia sites.
Why does my listing, that’s priced lower than others, not have a Great Price badge?
Less expensive items that do not have a Great Price badge may not be eligible for a number of reasons, including:
- The seller may be Below Standard
- The item may not be matched to a product in the eBay catalog
- The item may not be in new or certified refurbished condition
An item may not satisfy other criteria related to listing history, shipping costs, listing format, relevance to buyer search terms, and buyer browsing site.
My item has both the lowest price and a Great Price badge. Why doesn’t it appear at the top of the search results?
If a Great Price badge appears with my listing, will it remain until I sell the item?
No. A Great Price badge is not permanent and may be removed if, for example, another qualifying listing is better priced or if a similarly priced listing moves into Best Match. eBay experts encourage you to check your item’s competitive position and pricing using eBay research tools such as Terapeak.
Is item price the most important factor in qualifying for a Great Price badge?
Price is only one of a number of factors that qualify a listing for the Great Price badge. Other factors may include seller standards, reasonable shipping, good customer experience, and listing and selling practices per Best Match, which takes into account what eBay users find most important when they’re deciding what to buy.