eBay invites you to create your Offsite Ads campaigns! When you click on the Seller Hub campaign participation link within 00:00 on January 16, 2024 and 23:59 on March 31, 2024 PST, and successfully set up an Offsite Ads campaign, you can enjoy 50% discount on the Offsite Ads advertising fee, up to 1,000 USD/GBP/EUR/AUD (based on the currency of participation listing site) per each designated eBay site (if applicable).
This promotion is only available to eBay seller accounts that have received invitations and the promotion is valid only for those eBay site(s) for which seller has intimated.
To participate in the promotion, invited eBay seller accounts will have to (1) confirm their eligibility and relevant information in Seller Hub, and (2) click on the promotion participation link.²1. The deduction amount is subject to the actual advertising fee. Please refer to the promotion terms below for details.
2. Invited eBay seller accounts will have to click on the promotion participation link to opt-in. Accounts that do not successfully opt-in to the promotion cannot enjoy the discount on the Offsite Ads advertising fee.
16th Jan’24, 00:00 – 31st Mar’24, 23:59 PST
Applicable eBay Site(s)
Type of Incentive
*I.e. the eBay Seller will be entitled to a discount on certain eBay fees
If you fulfil the Incentive Criteria during the Promotion Period, eBay will make an incentive payment to you (the “Incentive”) equivalent to:
- 50% discount on the Offsite Ads advertising fee, up to $1,000 (USD/GBP/EUR/AUD; based on the currency of participation listing site)
Incentive Criteria (Promotion Specific)
To qualify for an Incentive payment, you must, during the Promotion Period follow either of the options below.
24 hours after clicking on the Promotion Participation Link you will start enjoying the advertising fee discount.
Participation Route 1: Simply click on the “Promotion Participation Link” in the “Promotional Offers” tab on your Seller Hub.
- I.e. click through: Seller Hub > Overview > Promotional offers > Activate
Participation Route 2: Click on the participation link below to opt-in for the eBay site that you are interested in:
- US: https://mktg.ebay.com/offer/signup/1012769/YkcFcDSbsEw
- UK: https://mktg.ebay.co.uk/offer/signup/1012770/TfvkP37TiW8
- DE: https://mktg.ebay.de/offer/signup/1012771/wbY_DZjypYQ
- AU: https://mktg.ebay.com.au/offer/signup/1012768/Lx_i9NhxigQ
Upon clicking the 'Activate' button, the Promotion shall be promptly initiated, and you'll be directed to a page that shows you've already accepted the offer.
For Illustration Purposes Only:
Incentive Criteria (General)
At all times during the Promotion Period, you must ensure that:
- you are not flagged with a critical violation of any eBay policy; and
- you maintain an “Above Standard” eBay seller status.
Note: Accounts that do not successfully opt into the Promotion cannot enjoy the Incentive/ discount offered by this Promotion.
In this Promotion, the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings:
“Offsite Advertising Fees” Every time a buyer clicks on the ad, seller will be charged for clicks on the ads up to their set budget.
“Seller Hub” is a centralized hub for seller account management, providing an overview of sales performance, listing activity, and alerts for any issues or necessary actions.
“Promotional Offers Tab” means the box in your Seller Dashboard labelled with “Promotional Offers”, this being a tool for eBay sellers to manage promotions to encourage sales and growth for their business.
“eBay Policies” means any and all policies maintained by eBay in connection with its business, as may be amended from time to time.
Setting Up Offsite Ads Campaign after Activation
Entry 1: Seller Hub - Marketing - Advertising dashboard, find the "Offsite Ads” in the drop-down menu below, and click “Create new campaign” to launch your Offsite Ads campaign.
Entry 2: Seller Hub - Marketing - Advertising dashboard, find the Offsite Ads banner and click “Try it now” to launch your Offsite Ads campaign.
For Illustration Purposes Only:
3 easy steps to complete the setup.
Step 1: Set a daily budget. It is recommended to adopt the "suggested daily budget", which is calculated based on the seller's historical performance data and industry average data, and gives the seller the optimal budget guidance.
Step 2: Set a start / end date. It is recommended to set it as “continuous”.
Step 3: Click “Launch" to complete the setup.
For Illustration Purposes Only:
Please note the following in relation to this Promotion:
- you will be able to use the Incentive within 24hrs of clicking on the Promotion Participation Link;
- the Incentive can only be used during the Promotion Period;
- the balance of your Incentive will be displayed on your Seller Dashboard under the Promotional Offers tab throughout the Promotion Period or until it is used up; and
- the Incentive is limited to $1,000 per eBay Seller (USD/GBP/EUR/AUD; based on the currency of participation listing site).
Promotion Terms and Conditions
To participate in this Promotion, you acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions (the “Promotion T&Cs”):
- Only the eBay Accounts owned by the eBay Seller that received this invitation email may participate in the Promotion.
- If you participate in this Promotion you may not participate in other eBay promotion during the Promotion Period.
- Your participation does not guarantee that you will be entitled to any incentive under this Promotion.
- Participating eBay accounts are responsible for all its activities on eBay and remain solely liable for all risks relating thereto or arising therefrom.
- You warrant and represent to eBay that all personal information that you provide to eBay is valid and accurate and acknowledge that if there is any fraud or inaccuracy in the information provided to us, or misappropriation of third-party information, eBay has the right, amongst other things, to disqualify any or all of your eBay accounts from participating in the Promotion.
- All submission times shall be based on the time logs recorded in eBay systems. eBay will not be liable for any failure or delay, inaccuracy, or incompleteness of the information caused by the participant’s error or negligence, or any other types of failure that may occur during transmission.
- eBay will not be liable for any operational, telecommunications, or technical errors or failures that may affect the participant’s ability to participate in this Promotion.
- Employees and related personnel of eBay and its subsidiaries as well as related affiliates, and their immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their spouses) and any individuals living with them, are restricted from participating in this Promotion.
- Incentives resulting from this Promotion cannot be transferred, redeemed, exchanged, or combined with other offers, discounts, or promotional offers.
- Where applicable, Incentives will be paid in accordance with eBay Policy and such currency exchange rate as may be adopted by eBay at that time.
- eBay shall bear the remittance charges as may be imposed by any applicable payment service providers for remitting Incentives to you. You shall bear any charges that are imposed by such payment service provider for receiving such monies from eBay.
- eBay shall not be liable for any loss or damages arising from any inaccurate price information of any listing participating in the Promotion.
- eBay retains the right to pursue any claim for Incentive already paid to disqualified accounts at any time, or to seller accounts that do not agree to return any subsidies wrongly paid out by eBay under this Promotion.
- You acknowledge that except for the Incentives, no other fees shall be payable by eBay to you, and no revenue sharing shall accrue to you under these Promotion T&Cs.
- You shall bear your own costs and expenses relating or incidental to the operation of your eBay Accounts and/or the purchase of any services or features that you use on any eBay Site.
- This Promotion and these Promotion T&Cs constitute “Confidential Information.” You may not disclose or publicise the Confidential Information to any third party including to any current or former eBay Sellers or Buyers.
- The restrictions under Paragraph 16) do not apply to the extent that you are required to disclose the Confidential Information (i) to your immediate family, (ii) to your attorney, accountant, auditor, tax preparer or financial advisor, or (iii) under applicable law or as otherwise required by any order of a court of competent jurisdiction. If you do disclose the Confidential Information, you must ensure the person to whom you disclose the Confidential Information is aware of, and fully complies with, the obligations under Paragraph 16) as if they were themselves subject to these Promotion T&Cs.
- The obligations under Paragraph 16 continue after the expiration or termination of the Promotion.
- This Promotion is offered pursuant to and governed by the eBay User Agreement and the terms and conditions set out therein. You must at all times during the Promotion Period fully meet and comply with the eBay Policies, including the eBay User Agreement, Verified Rights Owner policies, Prohibited and Restricted item policies, and eBay User Privacy Notice. The eBay Policies are incorporated into these Promotion T&Cs by reference and if there is any conflict, ambiguity or inconsistency between the eBay Policies and these Promotion T&Cs, the eBay User Agreement shall take precedence.
- eBay at any time and in its sole discretion, immediately amend or terminate the Promotion by written notice to you.
- eBay’s decisions on all matters relating to this Promotion (including the calculation of Incentives, or choice to disqualify your from the Promotion) shall be final and binding. No correspondence or appeal relating to the same shall be entertained.
- This invitation to participate in the Promotion does not create any rights that are enforceable by any person who is not i) the eBay Seller identified in this email, ii) eBay, or iii) any of eBay’s affiliates.
- eBay cannot guarantee the continuous operation of or access to the Promotion. You acknowledge and agree that (i) participation in the Promotion is at your own risk, (ii) that the Promotion is being provided to you on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis, and (iii) to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, eBay excludes all express or implied warranties including, but not limited to, all warranties as to the merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of the Promotion.
- This Promotion is governed by, and shall be construed in accordance with, the laws of Switzerland. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Swiss courts.