Final value fee increase in select categories
When: April 2021
Where: ebay.com, ebay.ie, ebay.fr, ebay.es, ebay.de, ebay.it, ebay.pl, ebay.nl, ebay.ch, ebay.at, ebay.benl.be, ebay.befr.be
Starting April 1, 2021 it is increasing final value fees by 0.2% in select categories.
Sellers without a Store Subscription
If you don’t have a Store subscription and eBay doesn’t manage your payments. Effective on any listings that are listed or renewed on or after April 1, 2021.
|Category||New Final value fee|
|Most categories, including Music > Records, eBay Motors > Parts & Accessories, and eBay Motors > Automotive Tools & Supplies.||10.20% (maximum fee $750 per item)|
DVDs & Movies
Music (except Records category)
|12.20% (maximum fee $750 per item)|
Select Business & Industrial categories:
|2% (maximum fee $300 per item)|
|Musical Instruments & Gear > Guitars & Basses||3.5% (maximum fee $350 per item)|
Select Clothing, Shoes & Accessories categories:
Sellers with a Store Subscription
If you have a Store subscription and eBay doesn’t manage your payments. Effective on any listings that are listed or renewed on or after April 1, 2021.
More eBay Stores updates will be announced soon
Later this year, eBay will announce eBay Store optimization features for mobile and desktop to help Store subscribers target and engage with buyers, and drive repeat purchases. Updates will include:
- A modern storefront with more merchandising options and improved Store Search
- Simplified eBay Store management in the Seller Hub
- An improved newsletter feature you can use to send targeted communications to your buyers
eBay is building a world-class platform that empowers you to achieve your business goals today, and in the years ahead. eBay will continue to partner with you to build the game-changing tools, features, and technologies you’ll need to move your business forward today, and into the future. eBay looks forward to sharing exciting new enhancements with you throughout the year.
eBay will manage payments for all sellers in 2021
Managing payments is a big step towards making eBay a simpler, more modern managed marketplace; over 1 million sellers have already registered globally, and 38% of eBay’s on-platform volume globally is already processed using managed payments, with more joining every day. It’s the way business will be done on eBay, and eBay will require all sellers to register to manage their payments in 2021.
When: During 2021
Where: All eBay sites
When you receive a notification from eBay, it’s recommended you register before the deadline to avoid any interruption to your business. This process consists of a few simple steps. Once you have registered, eBay will send you further details about how to prepare your business and take full advantage of eBay’s simpler approach to payments.
Information shared during registration allows eBay to get you properly set up for managed payments, and to comply with applicable laws, which helps keep eBay a trusted marketplace.
What to expect when eBay manages payments
- More ways for buyers to pay: Credit card, debit card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, PayPal Credit, gift cards.
- One place to sell and get paid, all on eBay: A single source for fees, customized reports, refunds, simplified protections, and dedicated support.
- Streamlined operations: Regardless of how the buyer pays, payouts are initiated within 2 business days (Monday through Friday, excluding bank holidays) of order confirmation.
- eBay listings: Once eBay manages payments, your listings are updated automatically to reflect all the ways buyers can pay. Please refrain from specifying preferred payment methods in your listings.
- eBay invoicing process: All of your eBay selling fees and expenses, including those that are currently invoiced, will be collected from your earnings. If your earnings are not sufficient to cover these amounts, eBay will charge your payment method on file (debit or credit card, and/or linked bank account).
Expanded support for international selling
- If you offer to ship internationally, your listings will appear in buyer searches on supported international eBay sites. You may limit the countries you ship to by selecting specific regions in your listing settings.
- You may also create listings directly on select eBay sites outside of the United States, such as Germany (ebay.de) and the United Kingdom (ebay.co.uk).
- Your earnings from these sales will be disbursed to you in USD. eBay will continue to expand international selling to more countries in the coming months.
- Additional fees may apply if either the buyer's registered address or the delivery address for the item is located outside of the United States, but you will no longer pay third-party processing fees for international transactions.
Note: When eBay manages your payments, you don’t pay any payments processing fees to PayPal, including for international transactions.