From the end of September 2020 the Time Away functionality replaces eBay Vacation settings and is available to all eBay sellers.
You can access the new Time Away functionality by going to:
Account Settings > Selling > Time Away
Description of depreciated vacation settings
If you need to take a break from your eBay Store for any reason, you can put it on vacation and hide your Fixed Price Listings so no one will be waiting for items you can’t ship on time.
You can also leave a note to let your buyers know when you’ll be back and turn on your out-of-office response to reply to anyone who messages you while you’re gone.
When to use your Store Vacation Settings
You will need Store Vacation Settings during the holidays or the Store break if you don’t have any hired help or you can't handle orders for some reason. Store Vacation is only available if you are an eBay Store subscriber.
Turning on your vacation settings and hiding your fixed price listings
Here’s how to put your store on vacation and hide your Fixed Price Listings:
- In the Change settings section of the Messages tab in My eBay, select Turn on under Vacation settings.
- In the text box, enter a short note informing your buyers that you’re away.
- Check the box beside “Show people the date that you’ll be back”, and enter your return date.
- To hide your fixed price listings, check the box beside “Keep people from buying your fixed price listings while you’re on vacation”.
Consider extending the handling time on your listings — you can do this on the Active selling page on My eBay. Select the listing, click Revise and make the required changes to the Sell Your Item form.
What to know about vacation settings
- You’ll continue to be charged normal fees (such as your eBay Store subscription fee and listing-related fees) while vacation settings are on.
- It can take several days for your listings to become hidden after you update your eBay Store vacation settings.
- When your vacation settings are on, they remain in effect until you turn them off.
- When you turn your vacation settings off, it can take several days for your listings to appear in search results.
What to know about hiding your fixed price listings
- When you hide your fixed price listings, buyers won’t see them in your eBay Store, search results, or cross-promotions. If a buyer added one of your items to their Watch List and tries to purchase it while you’re away, they’ll see a note stating that you’re on vacation and not processing orders.
- Buyers who have already purchased your items will still be able to view appropriate listings.
- All auction-style will continue to appear as they normally do.
- All other details of your fixed price listings stay the same. For example, listings can expire if they aren’t scheduled to be automatically renewed or relisted.
- Your fixed price listings remain hidden until you turn off this option in your vacation settings.
Turning on your out-of-office email response
When you turn on your out-of-office email response, your fixed price listings will still be visible. If you’d like to hide them while you’re gone, make sure you turn on your vacation settings by following the instructions above.
Here’s how to turn on your out-of-office response:
- In the Change settings section of the Messages tab in My eBay, select Turn on under Out of office email response.
- Enter your start and end dates. These are the dates during which your out-of-office email response will be sent to customers who message you.
- Enter the reply you’d like to send customers that message you. Consider including your return date and when they can expect to hear from you.
You might also be interested in:
eBay Store benefits
Find out how you can make the most of your eBay Store subscription. Learn about saving on fees, free ads and other benefits.
Subscriptions and Fees
Learn more about 5 eBay Store subscriptions, compare fees, numbers of free listings and other benefits. Find the Store that's best for you.
Stand your items out among billions of listings on eBay and make them seen by millions of active buyers when they're browsing and searching for what you are selling, helping to increase the likelihood of a sale.
eBay Seller Levels
Find out how eBay evaluates seller performance, how eBay seller levels are assigned, and how you can become a Top Rated Seller and Top Rated Seller Plus.